Jan 10, 2017

Sunrise Chasing in Mt. Pulag | DIY COMPLETE GUIDE - PART 2

Bamboo Dwarves in Mt. Pulag

The next morning our guide woke us up for the summit hike and eased ourselves with warm cup of hot choco drink. Ten minutes later, we started our hike and donned our head lights to see in the darkness. Frigid winds easily penetrated my hands making my knitted gloves useless and my lips were quite numb as we make our way to the summit. As we go nearer, the trail gets steeper and was about to quit but through positive encouragement from my hubby,  I continue and remove the context of quitting or derailing the summit climb.

THE SUMMIT
We finally reach the summit of Mt. Pulag just before sunrise. I was almost out of breath and simply exhausted but I'm glad because we made it to the top. The sun was not yet up, but the sky was slowly growing brighter. It was very cold, so we tuck ourselves into a group of endemic dwarf bamboo plants to cover us from the wind. Few minutes later, the sun peeked through the horizon and gradually lit the summit with yellow and orange rays. Immensely breathtaking!

Magical Mt. Pulag Sunrise

SEA OF CLOUDS
It's our first time to witness the sea of clouds and the view didn't disappoint us. With a sea of clouds below us, you really feel like you're on top of the world. The "sea of clouds" phenomenon is not a permanent feature and you need luck to be in your side when you visit Mt. Pulag.

Mt. Pulag summit at 6am

Sea of Clouds in Mt. Pulag

Mt. Pulag summit signage at 2,922 meters

Landscape view around Mt. Pulag Summit

Mt. Pulag view

STUNNING LANDSCAPE
Such an awe to see Mt. Pulag's  breathtaking views . The gentle yellow glow of the sun painted the hills like a highway.

Mt. Pulag

Frost patches in Mt. Pulag

FROST PATCHES
I picked up a stick to help my way through the steep portions of the summit during our descent. We encounter some frost patches and some ice crystals that is formed in humid air in cold conditions, usually overnight. I think the temperature drops near zero the night before we summit. We trekked back to our camp, uninstall our tents and had a quick breakfast before we trek back to the Ranger Station which is 3 to 4 hours away. By the way bring your trash with you and don't leave anything behind that can disrupt the growth of vegetation.

During our descent with our guide

Trail to grasslands

We arrived in  DENR office in Kabayan for check out around 1:00 pm and walked for 10 minutes from DENR office to the van terminal bound for Baguio City. It's a small terminal and I'm pretty sure the habal-habal drivers, locals and DENR staff can point you to the right direction of the terminal.

Trekking Mt. Pulag is one of the best experience I had for the year 2016. It's a utopia for adventure seekers, outdoor lovers and landscape fanatics.We have been dreaming to climb this mountain and finally we did. I'm not use to hiking because my feet sore easily but I'm glad I was able to survive Mt. Pulag and I'm sure everybody can. You can click here if you missed our first part of the post.

Sunrise Chasing in Mt. Pulag Part 1 
 [full-width]

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tuklaserang Matipid, where can I find the part 1 of this post? I never been in Mt. Pulag and hope to visit that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.tuklaserangmatipid.com/2016/11/sunrise-chasing-in-mt-pulag-diy.html.

      Delete
  2. I'm not really the kind of person who loves to walk let alone hike on a mountain, but dang! Look at those amazing sea of clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do happen to have a contact person or number for securing guides? the price you have here is Php 500 + 100 per exceeding 5 people group... Problem is whoever I ask, the price is always Php 1,500 - 1,800. Thank you. - Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful sunrise pictures. Sunrise in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cool pictures of morning sunrise in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! It's So Amazing...Beautiful nature...and your photos with perfect shot...I would love to visit this place. It's great idea to visit place like that.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search